Friday, February 13, 2015

TGIF

I now have a tiny kitchen - and size does matter! It's actually a nice kitchen, obviously fairly new, good quality and designed to make the maximum use of the space available - but it wasn't designed by  / for me, so it has tons of cupboards but not enough drawers. There's no gaps in the fitted units so no flexibility in how you use the space, and for my messy tendencies, not enough work surface. I am vividly aware of all this before I've even started cooking in it (apart from breakfast and reheating soup). This is going to be a challenge. There are good challenges and less good challenges. So far this feels like the latter. I've halved my fridge space too - not good for someone keen on salads and fresh vegetables. Who wants to shop once a week to control spending.
Eyes on the prize though - every month in this house rather than the other one saves a big chunk of cash. As all the work surfaces are still covered with stuff, I didn't cook again this evening, but now the weekend is here so I will be able to sort it out at last.
No real walk today thanks to lots of rain, combined with a takeaway - I can feel my hips getting bigger, and as for my thighs.... Shudder.

Food today:
Breakfast: eggs scrambled with mushrooms and tomatoes
Lunch: lamb & mint yogurt sandwich
Dinner: lamb kushbadar with steamed rice (half portion of rice)
Snacks: almond pancakes and fruit

No comments:

Post a Comment