Saturday, April 4, 2015

Lovely day...

Knackered today after a restless night spent worrying about the promised /threatened rail chaos for my journey to Lincolnshire today.
Not so much.  I caught the first train no problem - it arrived 2 minutes early in fact. Ditto the second train. 2 underground trains obligingly showed up a minute after I reached the platform, and the final train arrived in Newark North Gate station dead on time. However the journey still took 3 hrs 40 odd minutes, and even though I spent the time sitting down primarily it was tiring.
Dad and his wife met me at North Gate and after dumping my bag in the car we spent a couple of hours walking around Newark. It was lovely despite the grey weather, and I could happily have carried on walking along the River Trent.










Then it was home to Dad's house for a late lunch and a very relaxing chatting afternoon. I had a little whisky for the first time in just under 3 weeks and fought off several well-intentioned attempts to feed me stuff I didn't want to eat, and had a lovely evening
Food today:
Breakfast: eggs scrambled with gammon and cheese
Lunch: sausage, bacon and eggs
Dinner: beef curry with cauliflower rice
Snacks: babybel cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment