Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Still counting down...

7 days to go...  And then I leave this project to go back to my previous company. As every day is as frustrating as the last, with the project moving one step forward, 5 steps back, and it seems unlikely to suddenly fall into place, I'm not sorry to have the end in sight, but I will miss some of the people. I'm very used to working surrounded by men as the UK IT industry is still male dominated, but in this project I actually sit with some women and have female conversation. It's been nice, regardless of how well I get on with the men in the other company, and I'll miss that. Not to mention feeling a bit guilty at leaving before the project is over.

Foodwise my new tweaks are taking a bit of getting used to. I'm aiming for 1 gm of protein per kilo body weight (nope, not telling you how much that is), a maximum of 10% of my calories coming from carbohydrates, and the rest from fat - which is the hardest part. I can eat fatty meats, no problem there, but trying to cut the protein means having to find ways to add fat that don't also add protein or carbs. This evening that meant just melting butter on my dinner, which is easy but unimaginative - and not entirely to my taste. I plan to start making sauces and dressings instead, but I have to shop and plan to be able to do that.
I think it's worth it though - I'm not seeing the rapid weight loss I admit I hoped for, though if I can get properly ketogenic from these tweaks that might change, but the feeling of control I only have when the carbs are very low is a good feeling. I have no interest in the cakes, sweets or chocolate that is constantly all over the office, and don't spend my days obsessing about the next meal even when I'm actively looking at recipes for meal planning purposes. It's great!  Long may it last....

Food today:
Breakfast: eggs scrambled with leftover cauliflower & broccoli cheese
Lunch: Thai chicken curry soup soup
Dinner: chicken thigh fried in coconut oil with broccoli
Snacks: homemade pork rinds

No comments:

Post a Comment