Monday, May 11, 2015

Peanuts 0, Chrissie 1

My weekend descended into lots of overeating for no good reason that I'm aware of - no foods that aren't allowed on my plan, but some of them - nuts, basically - in quantities that aren't allowed on anybody's plan, and certainly aren't conducive to weight loss. So I'm cutting out nuts (again) and nut butters (again - except in cooking). Apart from that I had a relaxing quiet weekend like any other, with some walking, some shopping, cooking and food prep and lots of reading.
The weekend seemed at least one day shorter than it should have been, and when my alarm went off this morning I may have sworn at it quite vigorously. And possibly commented several times this morning that I'd rather be at home. However I was not home. A large part of the reason for that is that we'd ordered a filing cabinet and arranged for it to be delivered to my office today. On the website it looked fairly small and, although not flimsy, not particularly solid either. So we thought I could just shove it into the car to bring home.  Ummmm, not so much. It was delivered to reception and proved both bigger and heavier than we expected - so much so that I had to enlist not one but two of my lovely colleagues to get it into my car!  I'm so lucky they were there to help! Of course M showed off by bringing it in the house without help, but he's into lifting heavy things.
I spent the evening in the kitchen making blue cheese vinaigrette salad dressing,Blue cheese vinaigrette a Quinoa salad for M's lunch tomorrow, and some so-called Breakfast biscuits (Southern US keto style) for lunch tomorrow

Food today:
Breakfast: sausage, feta and spinach frittata with sauerkraut
Lunch: soup made from homemade chicken stock and a homemade breakfast sausage, mushrooms and a tiny bit of onion
Dinner: cheese salad
Snacks: half an avocado; cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment