Thursday, May 21, 2015

Zzzzzzzzzzz

Hi Rach!  Nice to hear from someone else who's done this slightly crazy thing ;-)  Do you mind if I ask you a couple (or 20) questions about your experiences? Did you find there was a rebound weight gain after you finished the egg fast? How long did it take for you to feel like eating eggs again? Did you find any really good recipes? Is it something you'd repeat or did you end up wondering how you did it? I'm asking because at the moment I'm considering just doing the plan for a few days this week and then bringing it in every few weeks after that to shake things up , but if I if likely to wind up hating the very idea of an egg for the next year or two I probably shouldn't make any plans :-)
Once again this morning started out all blue skies and sunshine then clouded over by about 7:30. It makes me glad I'm a morning person, since staying in bed a couple of hours later is enough to miss it altogether. Although if it was cloudy on my drive to work then brightened up I wouldn't have to wear sunglasses just to see the road of course.
Speaking of sunglasses and seeing, has anyone noticed that I haven't yet posted about my horrible 'steroid injections around the eye' experience? I was 'prescribed' the treatment on April 16th, and told it would happen within a month so obviously it's all sorted, right? Yeah,  no. The Royal Berkshire Hospital in Reading has forgotten about me again, just like they did for the original surgery. I left a message on the voicemail of the consultant's secretary on Tuesday - haven't heard anything yet, and in the meantime my eyesight in that eye is still complete cr@p so I know it's not fixing itself. God, I get sick of this... I think it's a good Ophthalmology Department when it comes to the hands on stuff but their admin functions suck. So frustrating when you have to chase something you need but also dread...
Today was monumentally boring at work. I went for a walk at lunchtime and was very tempted to not go back afterwards.  I'm trying to think of something else I could do for a living but I'm handicapped by not being willing to take time out for retraining or take a pay cut - so I guess I'll just carry on moaning a lot. If anyone has a few million they'd like to give away as a gift with no strings attached you just let me know...
It was really warm on the walk, and not too windy at all. Sadly I was feeling quite sleepy all morning and had hoped a walk would wake me up, but the weather was too pleasant and I carried on struggling to stay awake all afternoon as well. And I had a meeting at 3 pm too. I am sooooooooooo in need of this bank holiday weekend...

Food today:
Breakfast: fried eggs
Lunch: cream cheese pancakes - recipe at http://lowcarbyum.com/flourless-cinnamon-egg-fast-pancakes/  Joy - I liked them so much last night I immediately made a second batch for lunch today! You can leave out the psyllium husk but then it tastes very like a sweet omelette, but I bet you could get good results subbing in some flour and baking powder since you don't need to low carb /gluten free / egg fast. I used mascarpone for the first batch and philadelphia (both full fat) for the second and both turned out really well.
Dinner:  egg fast Pasta Alfredo
Snacks: cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment