Sunday, August 14, 2011

Farro with Roasted Eggplant Pesto

Did you ever wonder how Giada De Laurentiis doesn't get really fat?

I have.

I mean, she cooks the most delicious looking high calorie food continuously while staying her same teeny weenie size. Does she eat like a bird? Most likely.

But I don't.

That's why when I was vegetating on my couch the other day and I saw Giada make Farro with Pesto and it looked so delicious, I knew I had to recreate it my way. And I knew exactly how I was going to do it. With Susan Voisin's Roasted Eggplant Pesto from Fat Free Vegan.

And I was right. It's extraordinary!
Farro with Roasted Eggplant Pesto
inspired by Giada De Laurentiis and Susan Voisin

2 cups farrow
5 cups water
salt

Place water, farro and a dash of salt in a pot and bring to a boil. Lower heat to a simmer and cook farro for 18 minutes. Drain farro and mix with Roasted Eggplant Pesto. Serve immediately.
Have you ever tried farro? Scale of 1-10, how much did you like it?

Do you know how Giada De Laurentiis stays so teeny?

No comments:

Post a Comment