Saturday, December 31, 2011

My One New Year's Resolution 2012


Love it or hate it, it's that time of the year again. The time when many of us make up our minds to change something about ourselves that we don't like. There are definitely pros and cons to the process. Last year I formally put out there my 11 resolutions for 2011. Did I achieve them? Some yes, some no. But this year, I learned a few things.

For resolutions to have any shot at working, they need to be really easy. They should probably be limited to a short period of time, like two weeks. You should tell another person about them and check in with that person regularly.

It all seems like too much fuss for me right now. I'm fairly content with the way things are. And I'm kind of resolved to being kinder to myself. To doing less.

But there is one thing that caught my eye.

Something fun for me.

Doable.

Organizing. Decluttering. Systematically. Beautifully.

Following this organizing and decluttering calendar.

I don't promise to do it all every day, but I do promise to print out the calendar and post it where I can see it, share it with the others in my household and to give it more than the old college try.

It seems like fun to me!

Have you made any 2012 resolutions? Why or why not? If so, what are they?

No comments:

Post a Comment