Monday, November 3, 2014

Back to Basics - Days 4, 5 and 6

Food - success. Mostly. Stuck to the letter of my new rules but bent the meaning a bit by eating some dried fruit.  On Saturday night we got a takeaway kebab - I had a mixed lamb and chicken shish, no pitta and I made my own salad to accompany it, along with one of my salad dressings instead of the shop sauce. And no chips, even though M did order some. 
Booze - success.  I didn't find it as difficult as I thought even though having something (not a lot) at the weekend had become pretty much a habit. 
Exercise - successful I'd say.  I walked about 5 miles on Saturday, no training to give my back another day. Sunday was a rest day so I only walked a couple of miles. This morning I was back on the climber and my back felt fine.

I feel a lot more in control at the moment. My digestive system is definitely happier and calmer doing this and so is my mood.  I'm not really sleeping any better and I haven't weighed myself in over a week so I don't know how bad things got or if they're getting better.  Except in the ways listed above. Keep on keeping on I guess...

Food today:
Breakfast: 2 Anglo-Indian spiced sausage patties from a recipe by Madhur Jaffrey , with North Indian Cucumber salad from the same cookbook - Curry Easy. 

Lunch: homemade cream of Cauliflower soup (no actual cream) 
Dinner: Pork chop (grilled) with slowly saut�ed Red onion,  courgette & red pepper 
Snacks: cashews & pork rinds 

No comments:

Post a Comment