Thursday, April 19, 2012

Juice Cleanse, Day 6-7: Effects and Experience of Juicing

Good morning everyone!

First off, I want to say that I am certainly no expert on juice fasting/feasting/cleansing. But so many people have asked me to share how it's going on my juice fast, so that is what I will do!

Full disclosure: For the past two nights I have eaten solid food for dinner. My fast so far looks like this: 2 days of partial juice fasting, 3 days of total juice fasting, 2 days of partial juice fasting.

Where it goes from here, I really have no idea.

But here is what I have experienced so far:

  1. I am no longer drinking any coffee, and it's fine. Shocking, right? Not only that, but my only withdrawal symptoms were a very slight headache for the first two days. I attribute that to the juice feast flooding my body with water and vitamins.
  2. I didn't experience any of the detoxification symptoms in the first few days of the fast that you read about or watch in the movie Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead. I'm pretty sure that's because my diet leading up to the cleanse was Plant-strong. I was healthy, so I wasn't in need of a detox from a dietary standpoint.
  3. I lost one pound, that's it. Would I have liked to lose more? Sure. This experience is helping me with body acceptance. For people of average weight, juicing is NOT some kind of quickie weight loss fix as it is with folks who have a lot of weight to lose.
Read more �

No comments:

Post a Comment