Monday, October 6, 2014

24 miles in 2 days...

The weekend was very active as predicted  - despite the rain on Saturday I walked 11 miles in total,  and 13+ on Sunday around London in lovely sunshine.  I felt a lot better too, with the exercise & the distraction.  On Sunday we caught the train to Paddington then walked to the Natural History museum to see the dinosaurs (we last saw them together in 1988 according to my brother,  on a day trip to London with my Dad).  The exhibition was good,  but so crowded with Sunday morning families we just did that, then had burgers in the restaurant before walking through Chelsea to the river,  then walking along the Thames Path through Battersea Park, and all the way to Waterloo.  It was lovely apart from an upset when we happened on an accident - a cyclist-car collision.  Luckily there were lots of people around to help,  and as neither of us has any medical training we didn't join the throng of people surrounding them. 
We walked through Lambeth,  which isn't an area we are familiar with,  and happened upon Lambeth Palace which was a pleasant surprise.  All in all it was the best weekend I've had for weeks and would have been even better if only I'd managed to sleep better.  One of the side effects of the antidepressants I'm on is insomnia - not the best news for me! I hope I do better tonight,  it's getting old...

Food today:
Breakfast: eggs scrambled with bacon & mushrooms 
Lunch: beef salad followed by yoghurt &  banana 
Dinner: Cod wrapped in Parma ham and broccoli
Snacks: packet of crisps, cashews 

No comments:

Post a Comment