Friday, December 13, 2013

The Eat to Live Project: Friday Recap (Week 9). Project Hold.



I hope you have been enjoying my reviews and photographs of the recipes from the Eat to Live Cookbook. To be totally honest, I have found the last few weeks to be a struggle to keep the project going while maintaining my other commitments. It's a temporary situation resulting from increased demands at work, so again, I am a little bit behind in my best laid plans for cooking and blogging at a pretty rapid pace. It's okay, I'm not beating myself up over it, just letting you know where I'm at.

We spend the end of the year in a warmer climate in a rental condo on the beach. For the past few years, I have continued to cook and blog from our vacation spot. But I know that making a commitment to myself (and to you) to keep this project going during my only downtime of the year would be a big mistake.

The most interesting thing that I have to grapple with is that wherever I go, I need and want to do most of the cooking for myself. On vacation in a foreign city with a makeshift kitchen? Still need to cook. That's just what happens when you eat a Whole Food Plant Based diet and enjoy it so much that you don't enjoy eating in most restaurants anymore. Stock up on convenience foods so that I can have a real rest for two weeks? Not going to happen.


Read more �

No comments:

Post a Comment