Friday, May 22, 2015

Thank god it's Friday....

Getting a bit sick of eggs now but I want to do at least one more day - so I'll be trying something very different tomorrow for lunch - egg fast lemon baked Custard with lemon drizzle sauce (the recipe is Salted caramel flavoured but I don't have that flavour extract and I do have lemon extract) Hopefully that will shake things up a bit! I'm mentioning it now because 1) I rarely feel I have time to post when I'm not bored at work all day and 2) I made it this evening so it could chill overnight)

I am sulking today because yesterday my back felt better until I went to my meeting in the afternoon, then got worse again, I believe because of the world's least comfortable chairs in that meeting room. They look dead stylish and act like a torture device. Still, as long as they look good...
As I don't always prefer complaining to acting I talked to the lady in reception, who is involved with facilities management as well, and got a new chair for my desk. It still doesn't look ergonomically designed for aging cripples but it is shaped differently to the other one so I'm hoping that it will help. And I walked at lunchtime - along the canal for a change. Much more pleasant than the roads I have been walking on and not too muddy at all. Plus another really short walk after work for a couple of odds and ends from the local shop.
Then I spent the rest of the evening in the kitchen caramelizing onions to freeze, cooking tomorrow's lunch and making 2 dinners (M isn't egg fasting)

Food today:
Breakfast: scrambled eggs
Lunch: egg mayo
Dinner:  buffalo omelette
Snacks: cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment