Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Ow ow ow

I think a mule may have kicked me in the eye while I slept last night.

Yesterday morning I thought I�d got off quite lightly in terms of the swelling and bruising I was warned might occur.

Nope.

As far as bruising goes there�s very little visible discolouration, but swelling? My eyelid is so huge its hard to open the eye at all. And while yesterday my only real pain reminded me of when I first tried to wear contact lenses � the irritation that I used to feel after a few hours and then I�d rush to take them out  - today its more of a half-my-head ache. I guess maybe yesterday there was still some anaesthetic in my system keeping things under control and now it�s all worn off?

F**k me it�s sore. Why are there no OTC painkillers that take effect INSTANTLY???

I spent yesterday lying on my bed / the sofa, mostly with my eyes shut, bored out of my skull. To cheer me up we did book a cruise for August, about which you will hear more later. The cheering up effect wore off when I woke up with the mule-kicked feeling, but I expect it will return when the painkillers kick in. Right now I�d gouge the damn thing out with a spoon if I didn�t suspect that would hurt quite a lot more.

Thanks for all the lovely comments � apologies for repaying you with loads of moaning.

But in case I didn�t make my point � OW.

ETA the Paramol is beginning to kick in a bit� phew

No comments:

Post a Comment