Wednesday, April 16, 2014

sniff

Still being hammered by the pollen - not as sneezy but my nose has been flowing freely! As a result I stayed indoors at lunchtime to avoid re-exposing myself to any more pollen. By early afternoon I was feeling better, so I think the antihistamines are building up to useful levels and I hope they'll get things under control soon.
As I wasn't going out at lunch I entertained myself reading more eye surgery forums and had to stop because I was feeling rather unwell... I have decided not to watch the video of the surgery by the way - I think I'll be happier letting the whole thing just happen around my unconscious and unknowing head. Of course today I was reading a story about someone who woke up just as her surgery was supposed to start due to inadequate supplies of gas in the equipment... Also last night I had an anxiety dream (at least I got to sleep for long enough to dream) - it took a consistent format for me that recurs whenever I'm worried and makes no effort to reflect real life in terms of the situation worrying me. Basically it's always a dream about arriving at the airport to go on a fantastically expensive holiday only to realize I left my passport & tickets at home.... Then I spend the rest of the dream racing around madly trying to get the paperwork and return to the airport before the flight takes off. Yes, my brain focuses on incredibly trivial stuff when I sleep...

Food today:
Breakfast: eggs scrambled with gammon, red onion & mushrooms
Lunch: soup
Dinner: Mexican pork chops with roasted Brussels sprouts
Snacks: cashew nuts and toasted coconut, and a truly enormous quantity of crap....

No comments:

Post a Comment