Thursday, September 12, 2013

Whole30 day 11

I have had the most stressful day ever... First work, then yet more drama and chaos from the house sale from hell. I now officially wish I'd never left Wales, since my life there was depressing a lot of the time but a doddle compared to this. If our house purchase falls through die to all this I may just walk back to south Wales....
So the question no-one's dying to ask... did I overeat? Hell yeah. Did I binge? Nope. Did I break the whole30 rules? Nope (except in the sense that overeating does break the rules). I ate extra nuts and boiled gammon. It was almost as comforting as chocolateand booze would have been... Ok that's a lie, it wasn't. But I felt better afterwards than I would have if I'd thrown away the last 10 days, I suspect. Alright, maybe not today, but soon, anyway. And I only wished for death once.
After work I spent close to half an hour on the phone to solicitors and estate agents. Earlier in the day I'd been planning a training session on the climber; lost all motivation during that session, but the sun was out so I did get a very short walk - just a mile, but it helped! For about 10 minutes. Then depression hit despite the sun and the real reason I didn't cave in? I didn't feel that chocolate or booze could improve my mood, or that I deserved to feel better anyway.
I have a stress headache... no backache though
 
Food today:
Breakfast: scrambled eggs with mushrooms & assorted veggies
Lunch: home made soup made with stock from boiling a bacon joint, with lots of veggies, chicken & gammon added
Dinner: chicken and vegetable stir fry with cauliflower rice
Snack: egg salad made with my homemade avocado-mayonnaise dressing; nuts, gammon

No comments:

Post a Comment