Thursday, September 26, 2013

Whole30 day 25

Back in the office today. My flawed reasoning (and unsympathetic reasoning) was to get away from the distraction of man flu in the living room, but of course I overlooked the fact that IT is a male-dominated industry and therefore I was moving from an environment with one sick man to an environment where I was surrounded by them... Plus M went to work today (after I'd left for the office) so the house would have been quiet anyway...
I slept appallingly last night. I don't know exactly how long, but I woke up at 3 and that was it. So I started the day with a headache, prickly eyes and a bad mood. So far no development on the cold front though. Some people eating Paleo claim it protects against infections because your body isn't fighting busy inflammation and toxins, it would be nice to prove the truth of that claim! I am drinking lemon juice in warm water in the mornings these days, there must be vitamin C in that so perhaps it will help. I started doing that in hope it would make me feel a bit more alert after a bad night, but that hasn't happened so far.
Deniz, thanks for your suggestions! I love spicy intense flavours (already planning to make horseradish mayo with my next batch of mayonnaise). I didn't know about that Jamie Oliver chilli ginger mix, but bought some at lunch time, already added it to my soup, and I think it could be just what I need!

Food today:
Breakfast: small chicken breast wrapped in prosciutto crudo and baked, with an apple
Lunch: chicken vegetable soup
Dinner: curried beef mince & veg with cauliflower rice
Snacks: nuts & boiled gammon

Technorati Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment