Thursday, September 19, 2013

Whole30 day 18

The sun shone today! For about 5 minutes, during the morning rather than at lunch time when I could have made some use of it, but it was still nice to see, for that few short minutes. At lunchtime I only ventured as far as the corner shop because it felt like rain - and as I headed out the rain arrived,driving me straight back to the office. By the time I left work at 4 it was raining consistently and my drive home was not much fun, so when I got in I amused myself by making a big pain of chicken and vegetable soup and a new batch of Paleo mayonnaise - a different recipe this time, which used a whole egg rather than just yolks, as well as adding dried mustard. It's very yellow and very rich, I'm looking forward to using it as a dip and to make salad dressings from the whole30 book. I made it in my food processor,a stainless steel Magimix, and managed to spill enough light olive oil on it to give it the best shine its had for years while trying to drizzle the oil in from a measuring cup with a really inadequate lip ;-) Worth the mess though! And the overflow also brought out the shine in my granite work surface rather nicely... Again keeping busy with cooking / food prep and tidying up afterwards distracted me from looking for something to eat - I find it hard in the early evening because I get home at 4:30 and we don't eat till 7pm, which can seem like a long stretch of time alone and peckish. Of course once I start training again (soon! I promise!) that will kill the time very effectively as well.
Food today:
Breakfast: scrambled eggs with mushrooms, leek & red pepper
Lunch: prawns with salad dressed in macadamia nut oil & balsamic vinegar and strawberries for dessert
Dinner: salmon with veg
Snack: roast mixed nuts, roast beef

Technorati Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment