Friday, September 27, 2013

Whole30 day 26



In an attempt to avoid snacking between meals today I added the exact food I would have snacked on to the meals that would normally precede those snacks. It worked in that I wasn't hungry and managed not to eat the second snack until after my soup, but it didn't stop me wanting to eat something else for boredom mid-morning (I didn't)
At lunchtime I walked to the supermarket again, 2 mile trip again. It was nice and mild though the breeze felt a little autumnal.
Guess what I did after work? Go on, guess!!! No, I didn't head straight for the kitchen to experiment with new salad dressings. Nor did I head for the trough and eat everything that wasn't bolted down. No. I... trained. I went to the climber, I climbed onto the climber, and I stayed there for 41 sweaty minutes (on manual, not following a preprogrammed program). It felt so good. I feel so good! And s I finished I was hot with yet more house sale rubbish but it didn't reduce me to a stressed out heap! I may have thought slightly longingly about the bottle of whisky in my cupboard - for the first time in over a week - but I pushed the thought out of my mind, started prepping dinner, and stayed strong! Once in a very long while, I rock....

Food today:
Breakfast: eggs scrambled with veg and some almonds
Lunch: chicken vegetable soup and a coronation chicken salad (poached chicken thighs in my homemade mayo mixed with curry powder - so good!)
Dinner: 10 minute chilli - a recipe from It Starts with Food. This was delicious and tasted like it took much longer to cook (though I didn't only give it 10 minutes)

No comments:

Post a Comment