Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Whole30 Day 16

Feeling a little closer to equilibrium today, although none of the things that were stressing me out have been resolved or even moved on towards resolution. I guess there's only so long the body can handle feeling so crap before self preservation kicks in and smoothes it over.
Or maybe there's another reason. I'm a natural slob (you've probably noticed already from my frequent moaning about housework) and I'm perfectly willing to tolerate levels of mess that would horrify my mother if she showed up without warning. Often M keeps my slobby tendencies in check, but since starting a new job with lots of commuting he's been less bothered too. I think perhaps we've also both been battling the feeling that 'I hate this house, I want to move NOW' which makes it even harder to care about looking after the place. At the weekend things reached critical mass and I decided something had to give... That something being my natural resistance to cleaning & stuff. So after work yesterday when I should have been training I was scrubbing limescale off shower screens and shoveling stuff into bins / cupboards / drawers as appropriate. I'm not finished yet but already it looks better, I've done something productive, and it distracted me from food thoughts and nibbling in the dead time between work and dinner. More of the same tonight; then once I have things under control I can start training again.
At lunchtime it was raining quite hard. I'd been planning a 2 mile round trip to Sainsburys but settled for a quick dash to the nearest corner shop in waterproof jacket & umbrella mode. Not a pleasurable activity...
As it was still raining after work I wasn't tempted to go for a proper walk and was able to get stuck into the housework again. No-one will ever mistake by house for a showhome, but it looks fit for human habitation again now - or will do after tomorrow ;-)
Food today:
Breakfast: scrambled eggs with mushrooms, leek & red pepper
Lunch: roast beef salad with the last of my avocado dressing. I'll have to make more mayonnaise and then experiment more with salad dressings.
Dinner: Thai coconut beef stew made with ox heart, and cauliflower rice
Snack: prawns, mixed nuts, apple

No comments:

Post a Comment