Thursday, January 22, 2015

Motivated. Ish

My first day of weighing food today got things off to a good start, although I had to keep reminding myself. I'm pretty sure I'll be back to taking it for granted soon enough. But it's not very interesting so I won't go on about it.  I also weighed myself, which was horrible and depressing and almost made me swallow my own tongue. It also had some motivational quality though; we'd talked about eating out today (which would have included booze of course) but we decided to stay in and I cooked healthy stuff, for a meal that was cheaper, more diet friendly and didn't involve any alcohol. A victory for both of us!
I worked  from home today and as usual spent the whole day reaching new levels of sedentaryness - working mostly in bed. I wanted to do more and actually changed into training gear at lunchtime but as I went to get on the machine I felt a stabbing pain that convinced me not to. Instead I made some gf bread rolls with Tapioca flour and did some laundry before returning to work. After work however I actually managed to leave the house, unlike my usual total apathy. I didn't walk a vast distance but I did enjoy stretching my legs.
When I work from home I generally put something undemanding on the TV for company, and today was a complete blast from the past - I watched Grease!!  Talk about guilty pleasures... There's a possibility that somebody tone deaf with a voice like a dying crow even sang along with a few songs... I can neither confirm nor deny :-) But Summer Lovin' might burn off some calories even without dancing.  Maybe. I also tried to reclaim some credibility with Game of Thrones, which did not inspire singing of any kind.

Food today :
Breakfast: homemade butternut squash soup with an egg cooked in it
Lunch: homemade cream of (dried) mushroom soup; homemade gf roll with a tiny bit of cheese
Dinner: chicken salad - a couple of very small chicken thighs with Kale, romaine, and all the normal stuff. And homemade dressing.
Snacks: Greek yogurt, toasted coconut flakes, a little cashew butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment