Wednesday, February 25, 2015

I'm so tired I think I'm delirious...

My deployment finished at 10:45 last night - so relatively early.  However I'd been having problems with my eye again during the testing and had a pounding headache by then, so I had to take painkillers - usually at night I prefer to see if I can sleep it off without pills, but it just felt like that wouldn't happen. I then forgot to change my alarm so it went off at 4:45 this morning :-(
Anyhow, shortly after hauling myself out of bed I found myself donning a sports bra (and other training gear) and getting on the climber for 20 minutes. Given the length of my time off it and the decision to change my former on it that was as much as I could manage, and I only did that because my body was upright but my brain was still in bed....
At lunchtime I went for a walk in the hope it would wake me up a bit. It didn't really but it was quite mild and intermittently sunny so a fairly pleasant couple of miles anyway. And I deliberately left my purse behind to avoid any temptation to buy any extraneous food. Which was lucky because I walked past a fish &  chip shop that smelled really good.... So after work I repeated the process, going for another 2.5 mile purseless walk on which I found a local nature reserve (very bleak at the moment but promising for better weather)




I also did some push ups. All the physical activity that I hoped would wake me up instead left me drained...  But but but - I didn't eat chocolate or gluten or crisps today!!! The main, if not only advantage exercise has for me when I want to lose weight is that it makes me less willing to screw it all up eating crap. Though sometimes it makes me hungrier. Not today happily.

Food today:
Breakfast: gf roll with chicken and bacon  Lunch: homemade carrot and ginger soup soup
Dinner: crispy chicken livers with salad

Snacks: pate with cucumber; Greek yogurt and fruit

No comments:

Post a Comment