Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Let me eat cake

Yesterday I started writing a post, got as far as the summary of food and couldn't think of anything at all to write beyond that. I know my life is never that exciting, but recently, while I haven't been going out or training, I really have fallen into a tv watching, cooking, eating sleeping rut - I can barely stay awake for it, let alone make it sound halfway interesting in a post. Of course that's been true for a while so I'm not sure why yesterday I finally couldn't be bothered to try...
So, all the above is still true. I've done a bit more housework since the pain and swelling from the infection (and the upset stomach from the antibiotics) have reduced but I've still walked less than a mile a day and not trained. And though I'm not quoting numbers, I weighed myself yesterday and discovered that the small amount of weight I'd lost over several weeks of struggling has found me again after only 2 weeks of feeling sorry for myself because of the infection - though I'm hoping at least some of that is down to water retention from the crappy carbs I've been eating. Even so, right now it looks like yet another holiday will be started with me being already overweight and dreaming of not adding yet more lbs while away. Hmph. Maybe that answers the question of why I wasn't motivated to post yesterday. And why I ate some cake today, because clearly what I need is more crappy carbs...
Food today:
Breakfast: scrambled eggs with bacon, onion & spinach
Lunch: cold chicken sandwich - made with this no carb spinach 'bread'
Dinner: Sri Lankan beef mince curry with cauliflower rice
Snacks: Greek yogurt with strawberries, half an avocado. Cake

No comments:

Post a Comment