Monday, July 21, 2014

Not bad for a Monday

Well, I'm feeling less depressed now. I've completed one course of antibiotics and the other one finishes Thursday. I'm not entirely happy that I still have a red swollen gland, but it's massively improved from it's worst, and my digestive side effects have settled down too.
I spent the weekend indoors most of the time, working on a software deployment Sunday morning. I had multiple salt baths and ate porridge for breakfast as Diane suggested (with yoghurt stirred in for a double whammy) We also watched two movies that we both enjoyed - World War Z and Seeking a Friend for the End of the World. Very different films, but both very watchable in their own way!
Today I was back in the office, freezing in the overactive air conditioning but quite enjoying being around people again. Won't last of course since I'm fundamentally antisocial but while it does last it's good.
At lunchtime I went into town briefly and quite enjoyed it for the first time in a week - no discomfort and it was nice and warm, but not so hot that I was worried about sweatiness. I hope to go further afield tomorrow.
Hopefully I'm out of the woods and moving forwards finally!

Food today:
Breakfast: eggs scrambled with bacon, leek & mushrooms
Lunch: cream of carrot & coriander soup and a natural yoghurt
Dinner: pork & vegetable stirfry
Snacks: homemade pork scratchings, cashews

No comments:

Post a Comment