Monday, July 14, 2014

Revelations

I felt well enough to go back to work this morning after doing NOTHING all weekend (or resting really hard depending how you look at it) except cooking & watching TV.
I've finally worked out what needs to change so I can lose weight.

I need to quit my job.

Over the weekend I had relatively little problem avoiding snacking so I could take my antibiotics at the prescribed separation from my meals. This morning my breakfast was the same as yesterday's and eaten at more or less the same time, and I was checking the clock to see if enough time had passed between pills and meals to allow me to snack. Boredom is the culprit, therefore if I could just win a fortune and retire I'd be as svelte as I could wish for.... Especially with all the great walking time that would be freed up.

Over the weekend my infection was responding really well to the antibiotics and rest. I have to admit I spent the whole time in nothing but a very soft, well worn, and loose  dressing gown to avoid anything rubbing of chafing it as well; I was less comfortable today being back in work from quite early in the day and even had to take a painkiller this afternoon. Even so it's roughly six steps forwards, one step back compared to how I felt last week when I was driven to see the doctor, though I'm not ready to risk getting sweaty yet, and I am frustrated by that. And very ready to stop watching the clock so I know when to take my next massive horse pill - it reminds me of the constant eye drops after my operation, although I can at least take the pills without a mirror and a tissue to hand.
Having basically not walked or trained for a week now I'm feeling bloated, unfit, and as boring as I am bored. So I apologise for seeming to talk about nothing but pills and infections; I really don't have anything else going on at the moment.
Oh yes, one thing occurred to me just then. If you like movies, do NOT watch Scary Movie 5. You probably don't need telling anyway, but seriously, don't. I don't care how old / young, fit / sick you are - life's too short. I'm so ashamed that I know this from personal experience. Seriously. If someone walks towards you holding out the disk, don't pause, just run. And if you can trample it into the ground in the process, so much the better. God, I wish I had...
Just to clarify, I was in the same room as the movie but I did not watch the whole thing, I swear it, don't stop reading on the grounds of my bad taste (im movies)

Food today:
Breakfast: cacao coffee chia coconut pudding (I omitted the vanilla extract in this recipe & added a brewed espresso coffee)
Lunch: cold meat & salad
Dinner: basil beef burgers in lettuce with fried potatoes
Snacks: Greek yoghurt with strawberries (chopped, frozen,  defrosted); cashew nuts

No comments:

Post a Comment