Monday, April 6, 2015

Back to reality

 I don't want to go to work tomorrow :(
Another totally smooth train journey today :)  The first train ran 20 minutes late due to trespassers on the track (as the teenager across the aisle said, "run them over") but didn't stop me making my connection so no big deal. The underground train was sitting at the platform when I got there so crossing London couldn't have gone any more smoothly. And I was so worried about it! Just lucky that the works on Kings Cross were carried out at Christmas I guess.
My Dad, his wife and I went out for lunch and a walk around one of my favourite Lincolnshire villages yesterday - Woodhall Spa - and it was a lovely day out, though unfortunately later on I had some pain in my eye from late afternoon bright sunshine.
This morning Dad and I went for a walk through the fields around his village - about 5 miles on some pretty uneven and slick surfaces. It wasn't sunny or photogenic - lots of ploughed fields and fields of just-sprouting crops, but it was lovely to chat and stretch my legs before spending a few hours on a train or 4. I also enjoyed spending some time with their beautiful and friendly cat - especially when she was begging for her breakfast at 6 this morning :-)


I just wish I could have stayed longer - and, as already mentioned, didn't have work tomorrow.
Ah well....

Food today:
Breakfast: fried eggs, bacon and mushrooms
Lunch: ham, cheese and egg salad
Dinner: lamb shish kebab
Snacks: pork scratchings

No comments:

Post a Comment