Thursday, October 17, 2013

Eat to Live Cookbook: Warm Spiced Butternut Squash Salad with Winesap Apples


I love a good fancy salad. That's probably why the recipe for Warm Spiced Butternut Squash Salad with Winesap Apples caught my eye and became one of the first recipes that I wanted to test for The Eat to Live Project (Is that the name for what I am doing? Do you have a better name for it?).

I really eat a lot of salads, so I like to keep them interesting by throwing in fruit and roasted vegetables, both of which were featured in this recipe from the new Eat to Live Cookbook.

Based on a reader's rave review of the dressing for this salad, I decided to triple the dressing portion of the recipe thinking that I would love having the extras for salads during the week, also wanting to use up more of the specialty ingredients (shallots, apple juice, parsley and sage) that I bought for the salad knowing I would have no other use for them but this dressing.

Did this salad fulfill all of my expectations? Read on to find out . . .

Read more �

No comments:

Post a Comment