Monday, March 16, 2015

Pills and the plague

Tingling fingertips - and feet - check. Extreme fatigue check. That one could be another side effect of the pills I'm taking (it's listed among the side effects in the packaging) or it could be because I have developed a cold and have been sneezing, sniffling, and aching all over all day.  Yes, I'm pretty sure I am a joy to work with / live with, thanks.
The tingling thing I made light of on Friday but I have to say it's really damned annoying. It started on Saturday morning and by yesterday evening I'd nearly shaken, rubbed and scratched my hands off - not to mention pressing them against first cold surfaces, then hot ones.  None of that helps, it just comes and goes as it pleases. It seemed a bit better today, so I'll give it another day but if I have a day like Sunday I'll be halving the dose or stopping it altogether.
Enough moaning anyway, quick weekend catch up.  Saturday I went for a walk in a local nature reserve. There's a trail in there that apparently stretches for 23 miles - I didn't cover a tenth of that. It was a tad bleak due to the season, but I plan to go back later in the year to walk further.  Saturday afternoon we watched How To Train Your Dragon 2 - I want a dragon of my own now please!
Sunday I stayed in bed late - awake, just tired - then lay on the sofa for a bit, then lay on the bed for a bit longer. I didn't want to go for a walk, or cook, or eat anything more challenging than peanut butter off a spoon (but I did make myself eat some real food) I can't remember the last time I moved so little, I'm sure that even the day after my eye operation I moved around the house more than that!
Today I did go into work, and was actually quite busy - which was a good distraction I suppose, although I was really glad to get home and get into my dressing gown afterwards. There was no lunchtime or after work walk and I don't even feel sad about that thanks to the whole aching all over thing. I even slightly lost my appetite - I made myself eat for fuel but didn't fancy it or enjoy it much at all.

Food today:
Breakfast: overnight almond pancakes cooked at the weekend, buttered and spread with pate
Lunch: homemade soup
Dinner: Paleo /keto Meatloaf with cheesy creamed spinach
Snacks: pork rinds

No comments:

Post a Comment