Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Slightly better

Philosophical question of the week...  If you give up carbs, alcohol and coffee...  Is life actually worth living?  Is it genuinely prolonged or does it just feel like it is?
Am I feeling a little bit sorry for myself...?  Possibly...
It's mostly just being tired again - in actually getting more determined on the caffeine front the worse I feel simply because I don't like depending on something like that - and I don't think there's any doubt that I was depending on it with great enthusiasm. I don't think Decaf coffee tastes as good as the real thing - though it could just be a matter of adaptation, like switching from full sugar sodas to sugar free or cutting out the sugar in the coffee. Maybe soon I won't like the taste of full strength coffee...  Joy? Is that at all likely? Or do I just have to settle for believing in the benefits while accepting the flavour downgrade?
So it was a good day food and drink wise but there was no exercise except walking around the office. I plan to try to go out at lunchtime - I did intend to today, but had a meeting to attend.

Food today:
Breakfast: thin quick cook turkey breast steaks topped with microwaved poached eggs
Lunch: homemade soup
Dinner: chicken thighs with lemon cream sauce and grilled asparagus
Snacks: pate stuffed celery sticks

No comments:

Post a Comment