Monday, July 1, 2013

Brilliant weekend (millions of photos)

I had a great time visiting my family at the weekend - and now I'm knackered!
On Saturday morning I drove to my mum's earlyish and we went to Stourhead National Trust property in Wiltshire. It was a lovely sunny day, the estate was beautiful and I enjoyed my visit so much I took out membership in the Trust. There are several properties not far from here with good grounds, so I hope my weekend catch ups will have more interesting photos as I explore them instead of rehashing the same very local walks week after week (after week)... My photography skills (or lack of) notwithstanding hopefully these give you the idea...

IMAG0716 IMAG0730 IMAG0747 IMAG0762 IMAG0770 IMAG0778 IMAG0805 IMAG0814 IMAG0824 IMAG0833 IMAG0843 IMAG0859 IMAG0870 IMAG0884 IMAG0897 IMAG0906 IMAG0912 IMAG0914

Late afternoon on Saturday I dragged myself away from Wimbledon on the tv and headed to my dad's. I'd taken my new favourite whisky for him to try (Glen Moray - light and honeyed almost) and between us we finished the bottle (I'm not commenting on how much there was to start with, but at least one of us was very merry!) We chatted for hours and then picked up again the next morning till it was time to head home and go laundry / cooking / all the other crap that needs doing weekly. Dad & his wife are moving to the Midlands sometime this year and will be a 3 hr drive away instead of the current 1.25 hrs - I'm not very happy about that and its been getting me down a bit since their offer for the new house was accepted.
When I got home it was sunny again and I hoped to get a decent walk in but when I popped down town for some shopping beforehand it was so hot I couldn't face it. Instead I napped for an hour or so, cooked and generally relaxed, which I needed after all that driving! I didn't want to get up this morning and really didn't want to go to work... I've been struggling a bit with TTOM thus time round - back pain & stomach cramps, which I rarely get, plus cravings/hunger all day. I've picked a fair bit over the weekend and today I caved completely and ate a fair bit of chocolate - not decent dark chocolate either. Damn... Ah well, I think its out of my system now... It better be! I felt slightly sick and bloated afterwards so I'm not in a hurry to repeat it.

Food today:

Breakfast: Greek yoghurt with strawberries, flaxseeds & desiccated coconut flakes plus a small handful of cashews
Lunch: beef and mushroom soup - home made to use up leftovers and dried mushrooms
Dinner: very mature cheddar (big lump) with salad
Snacks: pork rinds, chocolate

No comments:

Post a Comment