Monday, July 15, 2013

Middle Eastern Spinach Salad with Dates and Almonds


Today I'm here with the second to last of our fantastic Fourth of July Festivities recipes. This one came to me courtesy of that friend Laura I mentioned the other day, you know, the one whose house we go to and always leave with great new recipes?

Well, Laura and her BFF Chaya have been really into this cookbook, Jerusalem, A Cookbook, by Yotam Ottolenghi and Sami Tamimi. I took one look at this book and decided it was screaming my name. I just had to have it. It's not a vegan cookbook and it's certainly not oil-free, but with my penchant for Middle Eastern flavors, I guessed it would provide me with great inspiration. And it does. I read pages from it each night before I fall asleep, like a novel. The stories of the people and the food that have all evolved out of this region of the world are enchanting to me.

Read more �

No comments:

Post a Comment