Monday, February 3, 2014

Whole30 Day 1� again!

Well, I had a great, if busy  weekend and now I'm back to working 17.2 miles from my house - yay!
My brother, Steve, arrived on Friday about 2 hours later than I expected. Myself, my Mum & Dad are all constitutionally incapable of being late anywhere ever but that gene skipped my brother and he basically only ever starts getting ready to leave half an hour (minimum) after he said he would set off - sometimes half an hour after he said he'd arrive :-)
On Friday I was in the mood to cook, so while I was waiting for him I boiled a small gammon joint and made 2 chicken curries, and we ate the curry for dinner.
On Saturday of course we went into London. After a horrendously rainy Friday in was miraculously, gloriously sunny for most of the day, so where I had been planning for us to get around by tube we walked everywhere instead - probably 7 or 8 miles, though I wasn't measuring. Basically we walked from Waterloo to The Tower of London, did the Tower (sort of - I've now been 3 times & still haven't seen it all), had lunch at Bodeans BBQ across the road (love it...) and then walked up the Thames Path to the Borough Market before meandering back to Waterloo.

IMAG0087IMAG0093IMAG0096IMAG0109IMAG0113IMAG0115IMAG0118IMAG0133
On Saturday we caught the train into Wokingham - I've been meaning to ever since we moved,but this oaths first weekend I've had the time & the inclination at the same time as the cooperation of the weather.

IMAG0135IMAG0141IMAG0154IMAG0155IMAG0156

We really liked Wokingham and again walked all around the town before returning home for a gash lunch before going out again for a walk in a local park and some local woods. My brother is the only person I know who can sometimes out walk me,so I would estimate we got between 15 and 20 miles over the two days with many protests from my feet as they reminded me that I haven't been that energetic for weeks.... :-)
Yesterday evening we made the mistake of ordering a takeaway. As I was intending to start the whole30 today I was weak, while Steve & M were egging each other on so we massively over-ordered and although I didn't eat vast quantities and steered clear of the naan bread the richness of my main course, a delicious lamb dish called Lal maans, left me feeling uncomfortably stuffed. It wasn't all bad though, as I was really happy to start being strictly good today!
I did decide to rest my feet at lunchtime today so I didn't train or walk - hoping to start Wednesday after a couple of days getting into the swing of things a bit. I wasn�t even tempted to eat anything non Whole30 compliant � phew! I know it won�t last so its time to enjoy it while it lasts�

Food today:
Breakfast: eggs scrambled with a little gammon, spinach & leek
Lunch: a 'soup' of leftover Bolognese sauce with stock & extra passata, served over spinach
Dinner: chicken stir fry on cauliflower rice
Snacks: cashews, veg dipped in roasted pepper tapenade from a deli in Wokingham

No comments:

Post a Comment