Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Whole30 day 2 #2

Woke up this morning kind of fancying a latte... Of course milk is not allowed on whole30 so nothing doing... But it was quite easy to move on from that once I remembered what I was doing, and that was my only temptation to break it. Phew!
At lunchtime today I actually went for a walk! After 3 months of staying at my desk or sitting in the office canteen / cafe I could barely remember how to... I was really lucky with the weather as it was nice and bright but cool - not cold - and I fitted in 2 miles plus a little shopping at the Sainsburys I used to use regularly. It was lovely to stretch my legs (even though my feet are still feeling a little tender around the heel) and I found myself smiling slightly identically as I walked back. I'd like to walk along the canal but given how waterlogged Berkshire currently is - and how low the canal banks are relative to the normal height of the canal - I'll probably have to wait until we're hopefully drying out a bit after a couple if better weeks, should that manage to happen. (It's not starting tomorrow apparently, as we're due heavy rain all day and winds of up to 27 mph...)
Not all positive today though I'm trying not to let myself get down about it. I wore trousers to work today, a pair I've probably owned for ten years (I don't get rid of clothes because they're out fashion, just because they're falling apart) For ages I didn't wear them because they were significantly too big and rather obviously baggy, I kept meaning to get rid if them because obviously they would never fit me again... I was partially right, they don't really fit me... Because they're uncomfortably snug. I hope part of how they feel is the control top tights I stupidly wore under them, but if not it underlines how much I let things slide over the last year or 18 months. On the other hand, right now I'm soooo motivated to stick to the whole30...

Food today:
Breakfast: eggs scrambled with tomatoes, spinach & leek
Lunch: homemade cauliflower soup & strawberries
Dinner: chicken fried cauliflower rice
Snacks: cashews


No comments:

Post a Comment