Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Calm

Thanks Diane,  I think you're right about the stress - specifically the stress I've been feeling working away and really feeling unable to control my environment here. Now I have only 4 more days, even though I like everything except the location of the office, I feel like a weight has been lifted and I guess that is making me feel far more relaxed generally. Including about food - though in the case of yesterday it's helped by the fact that it's TTOM and therefore I can 'explain it away' without feeling it's a sign of overall weakness, greed or apathy :-)
I'm actually considering doing food & drink things this week I've been wanting to do but avoiding because if it's good it might become a habit - such as trying the fish & chip shop across the road from my hotel, or possibly trying a dish in the hotel restaurant that I've been considering from the beginning. Tonight I just went into the hotel bar and had a bunless burger and a glass of wine after being caught in a sudden downpour coming back from Tesco; I followed it with a hot bubble bath and I'm contemplating an early night since I was woken up in the middle of the night by my radiator making strange banging noises last night.

Food today:
Breakfast: scrambled eggs
Lunch: prawns, a hardboiled egg, and salad
Dinner: bunless burger topped with cheese & chilli with fries (a tiny portion)
Snacks: cashews, Greek yoghurt, wine gums whoops oh well...




No comments:

Post a Comment