Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Penultimate day working away

My proper replacement started today so I got to repeat the handing over work stuff with extra trying to teach someone new about the project stuff aaarrrggh.
Morning I glanced out of the office window and it was bloody snowing!!! Very light and very short lived but of course it put images of being trapped up here in a hotel I have to pay for out of my own pocket because I'm not working here any more so from then on I spent more time weather watching than looking at my PC...
My replacement is even more cynical and jaundiced in out look than me, so that was good anyway...
Somehow I managed to overwrite yesterday's post with this one and lose yesterday's completely. I'm not sure how that happened... Ah well,it wasn't very interesting anyway.
For my last night st my hotel I decided to treat myself to a meal in the restaurant with TWO glasses of one (one a celebratory prosecco, then a glass of merlot). As always it's not the best restaurant ever, but it was tasty and more or less Paleo if you ignored the vegetable oil that was probably used to cook it with.

Tomorrow I'm going home!!! I'm leaving work around 12:00 so I shouldn't have any traffic issues, and my brother is coming to visit us for the weekend - which will of course include a day out in London. Watch this space....

Food today:
Breakfast: scrambled eggs
Lunch: cold meat & salad
Tea: butcher's steak with sweet potato fries and a little chilli spiced creme fraiche
Snacks: dried fruit, grapes & Greek yoghurt

No comments:

Post a Comment