Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Cravings...


I started craving a very specific food today...



Wait for it...


Salad!!!!


So I picked up a few bits from the DIY salad bar to go with the cold meat I'd bought for tea. By the time I realized what I wanted I'd already eaten my lunch  and the salad bar had already been picked over, so there wasn't a lot but I did what I could. I most wanted bell peppers and luckily there were some still there, so I grabbed what I could.

If only that had been all I craved...

I have to confess that to stay gluten & sugar free today I had to do something pretty embarrassing this evening... The hotel put some biscuits in with the tea & coffee paraphernalia. Not just any biscuits, but stem ginger cookies... Fairly high on my list of yummy flavours, damn it! They've been there all along since I checked into the hotel on Monday and for the first 2 days I easily ignored them. Tonight I really really really wanted them... I'd love to say that self discipline, self control and motivation was all it took to resist them, but that would be a massive great big fat lie. I had to flush them down the loo while my self control lasted, then get undressed do I wouldn't go downstairs to the bar / brasserie for a snack or cocktail. Damn it, how can the motivation die so quickly? Literally only a couple of days... Days in which I've been less than comfortable wearing clothes that used to fit much better. Well, a little better anyway, lets not over-dramatize the situation, it's not like I gained 20 lbs over Christmas after all...

Ah well, one more day almost behind me...

Food today
Breakfast: scrambled eggs with mushrooms & courgette
Lunch: chicken wrapped ham
Dinner: cold meat & salad
Snack: Greek yoghurt with black forest fruits, cashews. The yoghurt is still really tart, even with the berries. I know that's probably a good thing for a low carber but you have to actually be willing to eat the stuff....

No comments:

Post a Comment