Friday, January 24, 2014

Really Exciting Developments over in HGK

Hi all!

Just thought I would check in with you this freezing Friday afternoon. I know you are all wondering what the heck I am doing if I am not spending so much time blogging.

That was a joke.

But I am really excited to tell you that I have two new kitchen appliances on their way to HGK as we speak.



First, an Excalibur Dehydrator. I NEED to make my own oil-free granola. I can't wait any longer.

And second, a Cuisinart Yogurt Maker.

I also ordered the dehydrator sheet trays and a strainer to make Vegan Greek Soy yogurt from regular soy yogurt.



Now, before you start to worry about me, I want to tell you that neither of these appliances were impulse buys. I have been thinking about the dehydrator for probably close to four years, and the yogurt maker for at least six months.

I do want to tell you that I inherited my propensity to overdo it with kitchen gadgets and appliances from my mother, who continues on her quest to stock her kitchen with every possible useful thingie to this day, including a brand new pizza stone that I am sure she can barely lift. So I do come by it honestly.

With my new found freedom from my own self-imposed pressure to blog, I have opened up time and space in my life to start researching and experimenting with making more of my family's food from scratch.

I'm so excited, I can't even tell you!

I'll let you know how it goes . . .

Ciao! Hope you've got a fun weekend in store for you.




No comments:

Post a Comment